CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 - Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.a - Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs (two letters that represent one sound).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.b - Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.c - Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.d - Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.e - Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.f - Read words with inflectional endings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3.g - Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 Know And Apply Grade-level Phonics And Word Analysis... Reading:Foundational Skills - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Alphabet Organizer - Name words that begin with a specific letter of your choice and have students spell those words.
- Amazing Animals - Students will use the words dog, drink, play, and sitting to correctly complete each sentence.
- Beginning Phonics - Many activities to choose from on this web page.
- Finding Missing Letters - Match game; click on the missing letters from each word.
- Phonics for First Graders - This I4C site has many activities to practice this concept
- Phonics Practice - Many activities to choose from on this web page.
- Pirate Spelling - Select the correct letters to fill in the gap of the words.
- Wally the Word Detective - 11 - Students will cross off the first grade Dolch words in each group that are different from the bold word in each group. Answer key is included.
- Wally the Word Detective - 13 - Students will cross off the first grade Dolch words in each group that are different from the bold word in each group. Answer key is included.
- Word Families - Recognize word patterns and learn about onset and rime. Students are first asked to select a vowel, and are then presented with a series of words to sort into short-vowel word families.