CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.2 - Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 56 / 8 as the number of objects in each share when 56 objects are partitioned equally into 8 shares, or as a number of shares when 56 objects are partitioned into equal shares of 8 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a number of shares or a number of groups can be expressed as 56 / 8.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.A.2 Interpret Whole-number Quotients Of Whole Numbers, E.g.,... Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Animal Groups - Worsheet; Draw a picture to show each division of animals into groups. You can use a picture of that animal or any symbol you prefer. Tell the number of animals in each group. Then write a division sentence for each picture.
- Division - Beginning worksheet; good for whole group activity on smartboard.
- Division with numbers 10-50 - Worksheet; good for whole group activity on smartboard.
- Explaining Division - Lesson plan; Division is fair sharing
- Multiplying and dividing using models. - Worksheet; examples and problems to work independently.You can get both multiplication fact and a division fact from the same picture.
- The Meaning of Division - Worksheet; Use counters to find the number in each equal group. Then complete each division sentence.
- Visual Groups for Division - Teaching Tool; Interactive area to create groups for dividing. Click on the I for the directions. (much click on each item separately for it to work, the directions will explain this.
- Word Problems with Kate - Story problems using multiplication and division. Interactive activity, hints on solving the problem.