CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.4 - Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.4 Identify Words And Phrases In Stories Or Poems That Suggest... Reading:Literature - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Character Feelings - Whole Class lesson; teacher reads the text and students discuss the feeling of the characters.
- Character Feelings; Practice - How they are feeling? How you would feel if it were happening to you?
- How Do They Feel - Whole Class lesson; teacher reads the text and students drags the sentence next to the feeling.
- Nursery Rhymes - Many rhymes to read and share with students.
- Rhymes - Free printable coloring pages, craft ideas, puppets, felt board characters, word wall Templates, picture crossword puzzles and other activity sheets to go with the rhymes.
- Starfall Stories - Fiction and Nonfiction stories