CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.3 - Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, "flat") or three-dimensional ("solid").
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.3 Identify Shapes As Two-dimensional (lying In A Plane, "flat")... Geometry - Kindergarten Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- 2D shapes song - Video song; Count the sides to identify the shapes.
- 3D shapes Video - Video; Song that describes 3D shapes with good visuals.
- Classifying Shapes - Drag these shapes into the correct box, classifying figure as 2 or 3 D.
- Interactive Shape Applet - Use this tool to learn about various geometric solids and their properties. You can manipulate and color each shape to explore the number of faces, edges, and vertices.
- Lesson Plan - I've Seen that Shape Before - Lesson plan; includes materials to print . Students learn the names of solid geometric shapes and explore their properties. At various centers, they use physical models of simple solid shapes, including cubes, cones, spheres, rectangular prisms, and triangular prisms.
- Lesson Plan-Classifying Shapes - Lesson plan; learning how to identify 2D and 3D shapes.
- Teaching Guide - Compare Plane Figures with Solid Figures; good introduction to this concept.