CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.2 - Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.2 Identify The Main Topic Of A Multiparagraph Text As Well... Reading:Informational Text - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Barnaby Bear Stories - Informational stories about Australia and Paris; audio can be turned on or off, words and illlustrations included.
- Dinosaurs - Students will read a short paragraph about Diplodocus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus then answer questions about each dinosaur. An answer key is provided.
- Dinosaurs ; Read about different types of these animals. - Students will read an informational paragraph about Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon, and Brachiosaurus then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Informative Text - Select a story on the left side of the window from the Social Studies section.
- Locating Information in a Book - interactive online lesson with practice included.
- Penguins - Students will read an informational paragraph about penguins, and then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Sebastian Swan Stories - No audio, but colorful illustrations and stories to read on your own.
- Story Map - Print out this sheet to map out a story.
- The Desert - Students will read a friendly letter about the Sonoran Desert then complete an illustration using information they learned from the letter.