CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.9 - Identify arithmetic patterns (including patterns in the addition table or multiplication table), and explain them using properties of operations. For example, observe that 4 times a number is always even, and explain why 4 times a number can be decomposed into two equal addends.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.3.OA.D.9 Identify Arithmetic Patterns (including Patterns In The Addition... Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 3rd Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Addition and Multiplication Properties - Online quiz; select the correct property of operations.
- Associative Property Practice - Show two ways to group using parentheses, then find the sum.
- Communitive property problems - Use the?Commutative Property by changing the order of the factors. Then find the answer.
- Exploring Krypto - Combine five numbers using the standard arithmetic operations to create a target number. Finding a solution to one of the more than 3?million possible combinations can be quite a challenge, but students love it.
- Online worksheet; self checking - Work out the answers to each question below and fill in the boxes. Once you have filled in all the answers, click on the check answers button.
- Operation Order Algebra Game - Enter the numbers on the rocks in the correct box. Then click check answer.
- Properties of Odd and Even Numbers - Lesson first, then click on the image at the bottom for a practice.