CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.8 - With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.8 With Guidance And Support From Adults, Recall Information... Writing - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Expository Writing - Lesson Plan; the students will be able to tell important information from a story.
- Going to the Zoo - Read this online story to the class; many supporting details in the story.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Online interactive story, questions at the end of story.
- Stories - Read online stories; comes with audio that you can turn off and on.
- The Day Jimmy's Boa Taught Cause and Effect - Unit plan; Class discussions about each event and its cause are followed by tasks for the students to help illustrate understanding of the concept. Students create cause-and-effect pictures, puzzles, and flow charts as they explore the genre. As a culminating activity, students write their own book with causes and effects, which are assessed with a rubric.
- Under the Deep Blue Sea - Listen to stories and poems with oceanic settings, conduct research about oceanic life forms, and write their own stories and poems about the sea.