CCSS.Math.Content.1.MD.A.2 - Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.MD.A.2 Express The Length Of An Object As A Whole Number Of Length... Measurement and Data - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- How Tall? - Estimate length of object using unit; click on the answer, then check by using the units to see if you are correct.
- Measurement Fun - Lesson plan with activities and handouts to create and use in the classroom.
- Measuring with Non-standard units. - Online Lesson; examples of using non-standard measurement.
- Measuring with Non-standard units. - Lesson plan; many ideas to use in your classroom when working on this concept; measuring station ideas!
- Measuring with Paper Clips - Worksheet; estimate lengths, then measure.
- Time to Move - Online game; use net to catch fish and then decide which tank to put the fish in according to measurement size.