CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.B.6 - Explain a proof of the Pythagorean Theorem and its converse.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.B.6 Explain A Proof Of The Pythagorean Theorem And Its Converse. Geometry - 8th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Converse of Pythagoras' Theorem - Explanation and a way to prove the converse
- Demonstrate the Pythagorean Theorem - From NOVA
- Hotmath Practice Problems - 3 practice problems with solutions, topic: the Pythagorean Theorem and its converse
- Interactive Proof of Pythagoras' theorem - This Java applet was written by Jim Morey. It won grand prize in Sun Microsystem's Java programming contest in the Summer of 1995.
- Proof of the theorem - Demonstrated through a Quicktime animation.
- Pythagorean Explorer - Students find the length of a side of a right triangle by using the Pythagorean Theorem, and then check their answers.
- Pythagorean Theorem - Five question multiple-choice quiz from Glencoe Math
- Pythagorean Theorem - Its many proofs (43 to be precise)
- Pythagorean Theorem - Nineteen applets
- Pythagorean Theorem - Discover how the Pythagorean Formula describes the relationships between the lengths of the legs and hypotenuse of a right triangle. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer five questions. [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions]
- Pythagorean Theorem - Animated Proof of the Pythagorean Theorem
- Pythagorean Theorem and its Converse - Explanation from Cliffs Notes
- Pythagorean theorem and right triangle facts - Given the length of three sides, determine if a right triangle is being described [8 questions]
- Pythagorean Theorem Converse - Math help from the University of Georgia
- Pythagorean Theorem: 1 - A java applet that allows students to investigate this theorem.
- Pythagorean Theorem: 2 - A java applet that allows students to investigate this theorem.
- Pythagorean Theorem: Why Use the Converse? - From Ask Dr. Math
- Similar Triangles and the Pythagorean theorem - From Dave's Short Trig Course
- Solving a right triangle - This example illustrates how finding the height of the pyramid is equivalent to solving the right triangle. The virtual reality media can help students visualize the interrelation between the 3-dimensional pyramid and the 2-dimensional right triangle.
- Squaring the Triangle - Students learn about how the Pythagorean Theorem works, through investigating the standard geometric proof. Parameters: Sizes of the legs of the triangle.
- Squaring the Triangle - Learn about how the Pythagorean Theorem works, through investigating the standard geometric proof. Parameters: Sizes of the legs of the triangle.
- The Pythagorean Theorem, Distance Formula and Intro to Trigonometry - Practice activities
- Using the Pythagorean Theorem - Once you know the equation a2 + b2 = c2 is true, then you can use it to solve all kinds of problems. Try the Pythagorean theorem with two other examples given on this page.