CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.10 - By the end of year, read and comprehend informational texts, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.10 By The End Of Year, Read And Comprehend Informational Texts,... Reading:Informational Text - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Dinosaurs - Students will read a short paragraph about Diplodocus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus then answer questions about each dinosaur. An answer key is provided.
- Dinosaurs ; Read about different types of these animals. - Students will read an informational paragraph about Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon, and Brachiosaurus then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Finding Information - Help find the answers to the question, after reading the information.
- Frogs Beyond Fairy Tales - Lesson plan with materials and handouts; searching informational text.
- Penguins - Students will read an informational paragraph about penguins, and then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Unit Plan; two units designed to support students' journey towards proficiency in writing and reading of informational texts about a subject which they have studied - Students will ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text. Students will also write informative texts.