CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.9 - Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.9.a - Apply grade 7 Reading standards to literature (e.g., “Compare and contrast a fictional portrayal of a time, place, or character and a historical account of the same period as a means of understanding how authors of fiction use or alter history”).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.9.b - Apply grade 7 Reading standards to literary nonfiction (e.g. “Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims”).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.9 Draw Evidence From Literary Or Informational Texts... Writing - 7th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Choose a story to practice reading comprehension. - Click on a topic to see the lessons and exercises. Click on the lesson to begin.
- Inflation in Russia - Read and answer questions [from the Internet Archive]
- Read a Contract - Read and answer questions [from the Internet Archive.]
- Reading Comprehension - Free reading comprehension worksheets for teachers and parents - includes original stories, poems, essays, and articles
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - Ten-question multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading for a Purpose - Brief site addressing the purposes for reading
- Seventh Grade Practice Reading Test - Two stories to read, eight questions to answer for each story. This online test could be printed.