CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.4 - Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in mythology (e.g., Herculean).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.4 Determine The Meaning Of Words And Phrases As They Are Used... Reading:Literature - 4th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Derive Meaning from Words and Phrases - Worksheet practice; Use context clues, word parts, or the dictionary to help you figure out the meanings of the words in dark type
- It Came from Greek Mythology - Worksheet; fill out the characteristics of these characters.
- Practice Word Meanings - Online practice; read text and findword meaning; good to use on IWB.
- s Superman Really All That Super? Critically Exploring Superheroes -
- Word Meaning in a Passage - Online lesson plan with exercise to follow lesson