CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.8.2 - Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to supporting ideas; provide an objective summary of the text.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.8.2 Determine A Central Idea Of A Text And Analyze Its... Reading:Informational Text - 8th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Draw Inferences and Conclusions - Explanation and practice
- Drawing Inferences - Reading Resources
- Inference Notes - Use this diagram to help interpret inferences.
- Inference Riddles - Having fun with inference and prediction
- Making Inferences - Improving Reading Comprehension for Students with Dyslexia
- Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions - Descriptions of the various ways to aid you in reaching a conclusion
- Making Interences - Worksheet to use for note taking while reading
- Making Interences - Worksheet that makes the distinction between strong and weak interences
- Making Interences 1 - Passages to read and then make inferences
- Making Interences Using Pictures - Inference worksheet and lesson plan
- Rules of Inference - Lesson discussing the rules of inference.
- Strategies for Better Reading - Read between the lines by using the power of inference, predict what will happen next in a story, and identify the main ideas in what you read
- Truth in Advertising - Read and identify various types of advertisements, analyze advertisements for examples of persuasive writing, generalizing, exaggeration, and scare tactics, and write responses to ads that youve analyzed
- When Am I? - Inference worksheet
- Where Am I? - Inference worksheet
- Who Am I? - Inference worksheet