CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2 - Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2.a - Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2.b - Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2.c - Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2.d - Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2 Demonstrate Understanding Of Spoken Words, Syllables, And Sounds... Reading:Foundational Skills - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Beginning Phonics - Many activities to choose from on this web page.
- Construct a word - Select the end of a word. Create a word by adding a letter at the beginning..
- Deep Sea Phonics - Online game; choose the correct letters in a word.
- Fuzzy Lion Ears - Play online game; choose the sound that is missing.
- Letter Sounds - Click on Game button at top and then select which game you wish to play.
- Phonics for First Graders - This I4C site has many activities to practice this concept
- Phonics Practice - Many activities to choose from on this web page.
- Picture Match - Sort pictures into the correct box according to the phonetic sound.
- Spelling Match - Click on two boxes that match; same beginning letter.
- Word Families - Recognize word patterns and learn about onset and rime. Students are first asked to select a vowel, and are then presented with a series of words to sort into short-vowel word families.