CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.a - Capitalize appropriate words in titles.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.b - Use commas in addresses.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.c - Use commas and quotation marks in dialogue.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.d - Form and use possessives.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.e - Use conventional spelling for high-frequency and other studied words and for adding suffixes to base words (e.g., sitting, smiled, cries, happiness).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.f - Use spelling patterns and generalizations (e.g., word families, position-based spellings, syllable patterns, ending rules, meaningful word parts) in writing words.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2.g - Consult reference materials, including beginning dictionaries, as needed to check and correct spellings.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.2 Demonstrate Command Of The Conventions Of Standard English Capitalization,... Language - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Aesops Fables - Many familiar fables to read also history of Aesop and fables.
- African Folktales - Stories for children, folktales, fairy tales and fables from Africa.
- Alien Punctuation - Correct the sentences with punctuation and capital letters by clicking on the correct answer at the bottom.
- Buffalo Hunters - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Compare and Contrast Fairy Tales - Click on the word Fables in the bar at the top, then choose the story. There are two versions to compare and contrast.
- Dinosaurs - Students will read a short paragraph about Diplodocus, Pachycephalosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus then answer questions about each dinosaur. An answer key is provided.
- Dinosaurs ; Read about different types of these animals. - Students will read an informational paragraph about Ankylosaurus, Iguanodon, and Brachiosaurus then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Fables and Folktales - Some of these tales will make you think, some of them will make you laugh, some will make you wonder, but almost all of them have hidden wisdom for you to discover!
- Folktales and Fables - Many familiar folktales to read; stories are in form of a puppet show.
- Harriet Tubman - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Interactive Venn Diagram - Use this online tool to compare and contrast information.
- Jack and the Beanstalk - Video of this familiar Fable
- Listen and Compare/Contrast Information - Audio informational text told, then questions asked.
- Listen and Compare/Contrast stories - Audio stories told, then questions asked.
- Penguins - Students will read an informational paragraph about penguins, and then answer questions about each. An answer key is provided.
- Punctuation - Put the correct punctuation into the sentence.
- Sequoya - Read the passage and answer questions that test reading comprehension and more.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- The Princess and the Pea - An animated production of the classic fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Ugly Duckling - Disney Released Video; cartoon format.
- Trapped Sentences - Find the correct puntuation in these sentences to help fill up the gap in the wall.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.
- World of Folktales - Stories for children, folktales, fairy tales and fables from around the world.