CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.CED.A.1 - Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems. Include equations arising from linear and quadratic functions, and simple rational and exponential functions.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.CED.A.1 Create Equations And Inequalities In One Variable And Use... Creating Equations - High School Algebra Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Algebra review - Solve linear inequalities
- Algebra review - Solve linear equations
- Algebra review - Write variable expressions and equations
- Create Equations and Inequalities in One Variable - Students should be able to interpret word problems and form equations and inequalities in order to solve the problem. That means translating a word problem to an algebraic equation. Page includes sample quiz with answers.
- Equations - Solve linear equations
- Example solving x/3 =14 - Solving One-Step Equations 2
- Example: Dimensions of a garden - Application problems with equation in one variable
- Examples of one-step equations like Ax=B and x+A = B - One Step Equations
- Inequalities - Write inequalities from graphs
- Inequalities in One Variable - Multiple choice quiz on inequalities in one variable
- Inequalities in One Variable - An exercise on Inequalities in One Variable
- Inequalities on a number line - Multiple choice quiz: Write equations of inequalities graphed on number lines. Identify number line graphs of inequalities.
- Inequalities on a Number Line - Short video lesson on Inequalities on a Number Line
- Inequalities Using Addition and Subtraction - Inequalities Using Addition and Subtraction
- One step equations - Solve equations in one step.
- One Step Inequalities - One Step Inequalities involving addition
- One-step equations with multiplication - Solve equations in one step.
- Plotting Inequalities on a Number Line - Video lesson on inequalities
- Problem solving - Weighted averages: word problems
- Simple Equations of the form Ax=B - Introduction to basic algebraic equations of the form Ax=B
- Single-variable inequalities - Write inequalities from graphs
- Single-variable inequalities - Write compound inequalities from graphs
- Solve equations - Solve linear equations: word problems
- Solve equations - Write and solve equations that represent diagrams
- Solve equations - Model and solve equations using algebra tiles
- Solve Inequalities - Solve linear inequalities
- Solving Ax+B = C - slightly more complicated equations
- Using a System of Equations to Find the Price of Apples and Oranges - In this video lesson regarding systems of equations, the following problem is worked: You've gone to a fruit stand to get some fresh produce. You notice that the person in front of you gets 5 apples and 4 oranges for 10 dollars. You get 5 apples and 5 oranges for 11 dollars. Can we solve for the price of an apple and an orange using this information in a system of linear equations in two variables? If yes, what is the solution? If no, what is the reason we cannot?
- Variable expressions and equations - Write variable equations
- Word Problems: Equations - Solve linear equations: word problems
- Writing Numerical Inequalities - Multiple-choice quiz on Writing Numerical Inequalities
- Writing Numerical Inequalities - An exercise in writing numerical inequalities