CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.2 - Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.2 Correctly Name Shapes Regardless Of Their Orientations... Geometry - Kindergarten Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Game Applet; Learning Shapes - This java applet randomly presents different basic cshapes like rectangles, squares, triangles, ovals, circles etc., at an interval of time you can specify in seconds. Have students state the name of the shape before the visual changes!
- Identify Attributes of Shapes - Online lesson on classifying Solid Shapes
- Identify the Shape - Click on the shape that is stated.
- Puzzle Shapes - A good whole class activity. Find the shapes that will fit correctly into the puzzle spots.
- Shape Game - Audio included; click on the shape that is named.
- Shape Games - Select the number 2 at the top of the page. Name the shape, then click on it and see if you are correct. Great for whole class activity. Many other games to play are included in this resource.
- Shape Video - Video; Song that describes the shape and says its name and invites students to say the name also. Also includes drawing shapes with your finger.
- Shapes - Interactive Game with audio; click on the shape named.
- Shapes! - Video; Song that describes various shapes with visuals and examples.
- Video; identifying shapes - Watch and listen to the video for a fun way to take a quiz on shapes. Numerous videos available