CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.7 - Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.7 Conduct Short Research Projects That Build Knowledge... Writing - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Amazing Americans - Students research information and create own criteria for an amazing American, using digital images and media.
- Branching Stories - A step by step module on writing with Excel. Students create a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- Online Notetaker - Use this tool to compile and organize reading notes, research, and related ideas.
- Think Tank - Create an outline of topics and subtopics to assist research
- Under the Deep Blue Sea - Listen to stories and poems with oceanic settings, conduct research about oceanic life forms, and write their own stories and poems about the sea.
- Writing about Whales - Students will formulate research questions and write letters