CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.2 - Compose two-dimensional shapes (rectangles, squares, trapezoids, triangles, half-circles, and quarter-circles) or three-dimensional shapes (cubes, right rectangular prisms, right circular cones, and right circular cylinders) to create a composite shape, and compose new shapes from the composite shape.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.2 Compose Two-dimensional Shapes (rectangles, Squares, Trapezoids,... Geometry - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- 2D and 3D shapes - Review the difference between a 2D and a 3D shape.
- Patch Tool - Interactive applet; double-click on any shape to have a copy placed on the canvas.
- Polygon Playground - Arrange designs with online movable polygons - hundreds of polygons to drag anywhere you want. Create a composite shape from other shapes.
- Shape Tool - Interactive applet; Squares, triangles, rhombi, trapezoids and hexagons can be created, colored, enlarged, shrunk, rotated, reflected, sliced, and glued together. What design can you create?
- Solid Figures and Plane Shapes - Find the plane shape that is shown on the solid and match them up.
- Tangram - Interactive applet; Click on one of the shape buttons at the bottom of the workspace. Without overlapping, cover the shape with the Tangram blocks. To flip a block, click on it and then click on the Flip button.
- Tangram Fun - PDF handout; cut out the shapes and create composite shape from pieces.
- Tangram Puzzles - Puzzles to play online. Also this site has printable ones.
- Tangrams - Online play; create the composite figure using the shapes.