CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.9 - Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.9 Compare And Contrast Two Or More Versions Of The Same... Reading:Literature - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Building a Matrix for Leo Lionni Books: An Author Study - Unit plan; students listen to four books by author Leo Lionni over the course of four days. Each reading is followed by discussion focusing on literary elements and comparing characters and plots
- Fractured Fairy Tales - Create your own fairy tale with this interactive applet.
- Group Discussion Scoring Guide - Share this scoring guide with students to show them the correct way to respond in group discussions.
- Listen and Compare/Contrast stories - Audio stories told, then questions asked.
- Preparing for Literary Circles - Teacher help for setting up successful group discussions.
- Questioning Mini Lessons - Ask questions about these stories; materials included.
- Three Billy Goats Gruff - Lesson plan; Students will examine language in three different versions of the traditional "Gruff" tale. These will be compared and contrasted through Venn diagrams. Each text will be introduced, examined, and contrasted in a different lesson.
- Three Little Pigs Unit Plan - This unit contains many ideas and activities to use in the classroom while practicing this concept.