CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.1 - Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.1 Ask And Answer Questions To Demonstrate Understanding Of A Text,... Reading:Informational Text - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Concept Web - Use this grapic organizer to plot out information in a story.
- Desert Plants - Students will read a passage about five different desert plants and answer a question about each. An answer key is provided.
- Lesson Plan-Point of View - Teaching Point of View With Two Bad Ants
- Reading Ring - Online interactive game; put the content in sequence and then read and answer the questions,
- The Three Pigs - Video; online illustrations with Mrs. P reading the story; words and punctuation visible while reading.