CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.3 - Ask and answer questions about what a speaker says in order to clarify comprehension, gather additional information, or deepen understanding of a topic or issue.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.3 Ask And Answer Questions About What A Speaker... Speaking and Listening - 2nd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Group Discussion Scoring Guide - Share this scoring guide with students to show them the correct way to respond in group discussions.
- Preparing for Literary Circles - Teacher help for setting up successful group discussions.
- Questioning Mini Lessons - Ask questions about these stories; materials included.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.