CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.7.2 - Analyze the main ideas and supporting details presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how the ideas clarify a topic, text, or issue under study.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.7.2 Analyze The Main Ideas And Supporting Details Presented... Speaking and Listening - 7th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- A Detailed Speech Outline - If you base your speech on this outline you should be able to make a successful speech, or if you use the outline to look at a speech someone else gave, you can critique more effectively
- Asking Questions - The types of questions depend on the answer to that first important question: Why am I reading this? Once you establish a purpose for yourself, you can then ask which questions will help you achieve that goal. This page asks students to rank a set of questions on a scale of one to five.
- Examples of Good Critiques - Article with questions to ask yourself while doing a critique.
- Informative Speech Critique Form - Template for evaluating a speech
- Persuasive Speech Critique Sheet - Template of things to think about when doing a critique [from the Internet Archive]
- Questioning Toolkit - Seventeen types of questions from the educational journal, FNO
- Sample Speaker Critique - Scroll past the ad and read how this person does a critique
- Speech Analysis #1: How to Study and Critique a Speech - Series of articles examining different aspects of presentation analysis
- Speech Critiques Examples - Great site with video of people speaking to critique, plus their critique on the speech.
- Speech Self Critique Guide - Guidelines to be used in practice sessions to evaluate the speaker and speech and note possible areas of improvement.