CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.B.4 - Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/"corners") and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.B.4 Analyze And Compare Two- And Three-dimensional Shapes, In Different... Geometry - Kindergarten Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Everyday Objects - Identify these objects by solid shapes.
- Interactive Shape Applet - Use this tool to learn about various geometric solids and their properties. You can manipulate and color each shape to explore the number of faces, edges, and vertices.
- Solid Shapes - Lesson plan with materials to create game and activities
- Three D Shapes - Online learning of vocabulary of the shapes. Click the link at the bottom and practice your knowledge.
- Unit Plan Supplement - PDF file to print with suggestions for center activities along with printable materials for the classroom.