CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.C.6 - Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. Use strategies such as counting on; making ten (e.g., 8 + 6 = 8 + 2 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14); decomposing a number leading to a ten (e.g., 13 - 4 = 13 - 3 - 1 = 10 - 1 = 9); using the relationship between addition and subtraction (e.g., knowing that 8 + 4 = 12, one knows 12 - 8 = 4); and creating equivalent but easier or known sums (e.g., adding 6 + 7 by creating the known equivalent 6 + 6 + 1 = 12 + 1 = 13).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.OA.C.6 Add And Subtract Within 20, Demonstrating Fluency... Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Add Like Mad - Online game; click on the squares that equal the value of the number given.
- Addition and Subtraction Center Time Activities - Numerous games , templates given, to help student learn addition and subtraction during center time.
- Addition Pair - Select pairs of numbers with the sum of twenty to start the game. Click on the number pairs with the sum of 20.
- Alien Addition - Online game; Shoot the laser canon at the correct space ship. Player must match the answer to the appropriate problem by moving the cannon before firing. Hits and misses are recorded on the terrain at the bottom of the screen
- Are You a Math Magician? - Pick a level of practice and select your operation of addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. Mixed practice is also available.
- Balloon Pop Subtraction - Online game; Pop balloons to find the solution to the math problem! There are 3 levels of difficulty, a bonus round and score report
- Bingo - Number fact bingo with cards and online spinner.
- Color Addition - Add the numbers to find out which color to use.
- Cone Crazy - Online game; Serve up ice cream; select level 2; remember to serve the bottom scoop first!
- Connect - Select the "More" button to get a horizontal bar made of 1 to 9 squares. The bar will drop as far as it can towards the bottom of the screen. Select the bar to slide it from side to side. Try to make bars that combine to make 10 squares, so the bar dissapears and you get 10 points.
- Cross the Swamp - Interactive online game; Click on one of the logs that is flashing. This is the log Little Ron will move to. Now click on the correct operation sign on the calculator. When you have got that right, click on the correct number on the calculator.
- How many empty? - The four games that can be played with this applet help to develop counting and addition skills. Online game; answer the questions given.
- If / Then questions; relating addition and subtraction. - What number should replace the question marks?
- Johnny's Math Page - Many numerous math games can be found on this page for addition and subtraction skills.
- Learning Center Games - Scroll down to 1st grade games. Create these games for your learning center while on this standard skill.
- Math Centers and Games - Numerous games to create for center time , templates given, to help student learn addition and subtraction during center time.
- Math Lines - Online game; find that number when added to the marble ball makes the sum of 20. Be careful where you fire the marble!
- Mayan Math Monster - Online game; Select your operation and level. Answer the problems to defeat the math monster.
- Minus Mission - Online game; Destroy the slime with your robot.
- Missing Addend - Click on the ladybug that has the correct number of spots to fill in the missing number.
- Simple Subtraction - Online game; Select your level, then click on the cloud with the correct answer.
- Subtration Machine - Good activity for IWB or whole class. Choose a skill level, type the answer, and then check for correctness.
- That's a Fact - Addition and subtraction up to 20. Choose how many minutes to play and problem layout.Also has a non-timed option.