CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.5 - Add audio recordings and visual displays to presentations when appropriate to enhance the development of main ideas or themes.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.5 Add Audio Recordings And Visual Displays To Presentations... Speaking and Listening - 4th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Give That Character a Voice with Voki! - This lesson fuses fictional literature with technology through a project-based experience. Students will use the free online resource Voki to bring a fictional character to "life" and deepen their understanding notion of character, character traits, and the importance of character development within stories
- News Broadcast for Kids - News Broadcast activity; can be done at home or school.
- Speech Tips - Use these tips for planning out a speech and delivering it to the intended audience.
- Using Audacity - Directions for using this program to record audio stories.
- Voki - Ideas on how to use this digital tool in the classroom
- Web2.0 Tools for Recording Audio - Websites and links for instruction are included on this page.