CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.8.6 - Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.8.6 Adapt Speech To A Variety Of Contexts And Tasks, Demonstrating... Speaking and Listening - 8th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Ordering the Phrases - Excellent interactive quiz; learn about the different stages of a presentation and to learn some phrases that tell your audience where you are in your presentation.
- Organized Speech Writing: Speech Structure - Seven part video lesson
- Patterns of Organization and Their Clue Words - Handout for students [from the Internet Archive]
- Planning, Writing, and Completing Oral Presentations - Quiz with 30 multiple choice questions and 5 essay questions
- Principles of Organization - Scroll to middle of page to get to this section; four broad principles
- Ways to Make Communication Sparkle - We can sparkle in conversations, walking down the street or even ordering fries at McDonald's.