CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.6 - Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal precise actions, emotions, or states of being (e.g., quizzed, whined, stammered) and that are basic to a particular topic (e.g., wildlife, conservation, and endangered when discussing animal preservation).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.6 Acquire And Use Accurately Grade-appropriate General Academic... Language - 4th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- News Broadcast for Kids - News Broadcast activity; can be done at home or school.
- Online PPT; Point of View - Read the passages and determine the point of view.
- Poetry Recitation Lesson: Field Participation - Lesson plan; Students will choose and memorize a poem of at least 16 lines keeping in mind the importance of expression, memory, eye contact, and a visual compliment as listed on the evaluation sheet of recitation rubrics.
- Point of View Activities - Many activities to choose from on this web page.
- Point of View Lesson - Lesson plan about the different points of view; includes handouts.
- Point of View Lesson and Role playing - Students will better appreciate the importance of understanding another person's point of view to solve a conflict.
- Point of View Worksheet - Read the passages on this sheet and answer the questions. Find answers here: http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/point-of-view-worksheets/point-of-view-worksheet-answers.html
- Point of View Worksheet 2 - Read the passages on this sheet and answer the questions. Find answers here: http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/point-of-view-worksheets/point-of-view-worksheet-2-answers.html
- Speech Tips - Use these tips for planning out a speech and delivering it to the intended audience.