CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.6 - Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships (e.g., After dinner that night we went looking for them).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.6 Acquire And Use Accurately Grade-appropriate Conversational, General... Language - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Character Point of View Lesson - Use short poems to help students identify a character's point of view in a story,
- Elements of a good discussion - Helpful tips on guiding students in a discussion and excellent chart to show class for better understanding on this topic
- Lesson Plan-Point of View - Teaching Point of View With Two Bad Ants
- Maintaining a Point of View Lesson - Online interactive lesson with practice included.
- Point of View Lesson - Using the various versions of the Three Little Pigs, answer these questions.
- Point of View Lesson - Online lesson with practice included.
- Point of View Lesson and Role playing - Students will better appreciate the importance of understanding another person's point of view to solve a conflict.
- Point of View Quiz - Read the passage and select the correct answer.
- Small Discussion Group Questions - A great list of questions to start small group discussions on text reading.
- Speaking and Listening Rubric - Nice poster to help remind students of speaking skills and listening skills.
- Types of Small Groups - Great ideas in this article suggesting various types of grouping for class discussions.