Word Problem Practice Resources
Links verified on 10/14/2015
- Four dozen word problems - [designed for grades 1 & 2] problems only, no answers, not interactive
- Free Word Problem Worksheets - two free worksheets about word problems from Super Teacher
- Fraction Word Problems
- Fraction Worksheet word problems - Print these for fraction word problems.
- Fraction Word Problems - [designed for grade 5] Multiply and find the answer to the word problem.
- Fraction Mystery Picture Game - Click on the button with the text then click on the number on the left that relates correctly to the text.
- Modeling Fraction Word Problems - Watch the video modeling solving a word problem.
- Multiplying Fractions Word Problem - Video explanation on how to work word problems.
- Percent and Fraction Word Problems - [designed for grade 6] Answer these word problems online
- Sample Problems for Fraction Word Problems - Print these problems for math practice.
- Youtube Video Story Problem - How to solve a word problem using fractions.
- Using Fractions to solve word problems - Examples with solutions on how to solve word problems using fractions.
- Grand Slam Math - 15 addition and subtraction single and multi step word problems that start out easy and get a little harder as you go
- Making Change - [designed for grade 3] count money and make change
- Math Hoops -. All word problems use whole numbers but the problems range from single step addition to multi step equations. There are also problems that require students to interpret remainders. Students who answer 5 questions correctly get a chance to play some basketball.
- Math Playground - Hundreds of self-checking word problems for students in grades 1 to 6. There are currently 675 word problems available. They will be adding more content throughout the school year
- Math Word Problems - Worksheets for 6th grade students.
- My Backpack - Students add columns and find missing addends using data generated from a chart.
- Show Me The Money - add using columns
- Solving Decimal Word Problems - ten examples and five practice problems
- Story Problems With Mixed Practice - Read the story problems then answer the questions.
- Taming Word Problems - a WebQuest
- Thinking Blocks - (an engaging, interactive math tool to help students learn how to solve multi step word problems; addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, and ratio & proportion) Thinking Blocks encourages students to look beyond the surface to discover the concepts and relationships that are at the core of every math problem.
- Water Park - Solve math problems about Water Park and you will win tickets to the park! (Uh ... not really, but you do get some good practice solving word problems.)
- Word Problems for Grades 1-5 - This KidZone math page has problems organized by grade level. Each time you open a new page the site generates new values for the problem.
- Word Problem Practice - problems in addition, subtraction and more - select an activity, scroll down and click on Quiz and then click on Fill in the blanks
- Word Problems with Katie - 10 addition and subtraction single and multi step word problems that start out easy and get a little harder as you go [2 levels available]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print