Telling Time Practice for Test Prep
Links verified on 10/12/2015
- Analog Clock - (whole class activity) You call out a time and ask a student to set the clock.
- Bang On Time - drag the hands to match the time in words
- Bedtime Bandits - a clock game for kids
- Clockwise - Interactive clock from Shodor, time is shown on a clock face students enter correct time
- Clock Works - [includes :15, :30, and :45 increments at the basic level] select hour and then minute by clicking on the clock
- Flashcard Clock - [time to the half hour] use the keyboard to enter time shown on the clock
- Half Hour Quiz - Click on the correct time under each clock. Then check your answers by clicking the Get Score button. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Match Spoken Time to Numerical Time - click on Play, listen to the time spoken then select the number that matches
- On Time - drag the hands of the clock to the correct time
- Stop the Clock - match digital time to analog clocks, or written time, by dragging the digital clocks, or written time | to the nearest hour | to the nearest half hour
- Telling Time - five levels are available - choose level one for time to the hour, level five for time to the minute
- Telling Time - [quarter hour intervals] - Look at the time on the round clock. Choose the answer that tells the same time.
- Telling Time - Players must drag the digital displays to the matching analogue clock (telling time to the half-hour). All against the clock of course! Other times : (fifteen minute increments) (five minute increments) (one minute increments) - For whole class instruction there is a clock available (digital or analog) which can be advanced by increments)
- Telling Time to the Half Hour - Click on the Start arrow to go to the game. Look at the analog clock to determine the time, then select the digital clock that matches.
- Telling Time Practice - Drag the hands of the clock to show the correct time. (some of these may be a bit hard)
- Telling Time With Word Problems - Quia quiz designed for first/second grade practice with time problems using real life routines and hours of the day
- Time to the Hour - a concentration style matching game, match digital and analog clocks
- Time Travel - practice activity followed by four levels
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print