Geometry - Triangles Resources for Test Prep
Links verified on 10/14/2015
- Acute, Right, and Obtuse Angles - video lesson from Khan Academy
- Angle Classification: Acute, Right, Obtuse - explanation followed by fill-in-the-blank questions
- Angles - [4:15] video lesson from Virtual Nerd
- Angles - explanation, with illustrations, of acute, right, obtuse and straight angles followed by questions for checking understanding
- Angles - Students practice their knowledge of acute, obtuse and alternate angles.
- Angles - [designed for grade 6] Interactive game to help recognize angles.
- Classify Angles - [designed for grade 4] explanation followed by a link to a practice activity
- Classifying and Identifying Angles Worksheets - This page contains worksheets in identifying types, classifying angles, measure and classify, drawing examples according to the given type, identifying types from multiple rays, classifying angles in geometric shapes, types of angles formed by clocks, counting types and classification charts
- Classifying Angles - five multiple choice questions
- Geometry Building Blocks: Classifying Angles - explanation and drawings
- Measuring Angles - use a virtual protractor
- Measuring Angles with a Protractor - Practice lining up and reading a protractor while you measure a set of angles in this fun learning activity at Math Playground.
- Names of Angles - definition and drawings of each type
- Right, Acute, and Obtuse Angles - [requires the newest version of Shockwave] sort angles into appropriate containers
- Right, Acute, and Obtuse Angles - [requires the newest version of Shockwave] figures are shown, decide which is the proper angle
- Triangle Explorer - Students learn about areas of triangles and about the Cartesian coordinate system through experimenting with triangles drawn on a grid.
- Triangles Quiz - [designed for grade 4] multiple-choice quiz from IXL
- Triangles Side-By-Side - use geometric vocabulary to describe properties of triangles
- What's Your Angle - lesson plan from Scholastic
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print