Geometry - Transformation Resources for Test Prep
Links verified on 10/14/2015
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Free Geometry Worksheets - several topics of worksheets from Super Teacher, each area has at least one free worksheet
- Learning Transformations - index of transformation resources from Soft Schools
- Measuring Turns - [requires the newest version of Shockwave] what would shapes look like if rotated
- Sam's Similar Shapes - Students learn about shapes that are different sizes but the same shape.
- Transformations and Symmetry - many good examples on this Math Art Connections page includes a student project assignment at the end [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print