6th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Word Problems - CCSS 6.EE.A.1, 6.EE.A.2
Links verified on 6/27/2014
- Best Math Friends - BMF -Friend as many current celebrities and historical figures as you can by answering their word problems.
- Cameron's Trip - Multiply and divide to solve real-world problems.
- Computation Castle - A game that requires the utilization of several math skills: mixed numbers/improper fractions, equivalent fractions, metric conversions, exponents, rounding to the nearest thousands and thousandths and place value.
- Farm Stand Math - Multiply and add to find the costs of food.
- Grand Slam Math - The questions start out easy and get a little harder as you go. Don't worry, they won't throw too many curve balls.
- Math at the Mall - Practice percentages and finding the best deal while shopping at a virtual mall.
- Math Hoops - Word problems use whole numbers but the problems range from single step addition to multi-step equations.
- Problem-Solving - Numerous online tasks covering all operations with hints and answers provided.
- Solve It - Each set of Math Videos contains five multi-step word problems with step by step video solutions.
- Story Problems - Quia quiz. Read the questions and select the best answer.
- Taming Word Problems - WebQuest about word problems
- Thinking Blocks - An interactive math tool to help students learn how to solve multi-step word problems.
- Word Problem Database - 675 self-checking word problems for students in grades 1 to 6.
- Word Problem Practice - Problems in addition, subtraction and more.
- Word Problems for Kids - [Grades 5-12] These are not interactive, hints are available, and answers can be seen. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Word Problems with Katie - Two levels are available - questions start out easy and get a little harder as you go.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.