Vocabulary Building - CCSS RL.5.4
Links verified on 12/24/2015
- Analogies: Find the Appropriate Match - Use the drop down menu below each word to select your answer.
- Analogy Challenge - Complete the analogies in a race against time.
- Analogy Quiz - Use your keyboard to type the word that completes the analogy.
- Analogy Quiz - Quia quiz. Help develop critical thinking skills by solving the analogies by Diana Dell.
- Analogy Quiz: Set 2 - More Quia analogies from Diana Dell.
- Antonyms - When you see the word that is an antonym of the given word, click on the button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Antonym Matching - Find the matching squares with opposite meaning. Quia activity.
- Antonym Practice - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Awesome Analogies - Jeopardy style game for one or two players.
- Fact Monster - What word completes the analogy?
- Field Trip - Unscrambling the words in red to find the synonym (a word list is provided).
- Homophone Challenge - Find the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Homophones: Words To Watch Out For - Select the answer to the question based on the words used in the sentence.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms - Read each pair of words and write S, A or H beside the pairs.
- Synonym Challenge - Identify the correct synonyms in a race against time.
- Synonym Matching - [3rd grade and above] Find pairs or words with same meaning.
- Synonym Practice - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Word Jungle - Turn the dial to 5th grade and then click Start. Choose the correct meaning of the given word to swing in jungle.
- Word Relationships - Use the drop down menu to the right of each word to select your answer.