2nd Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Telling Time (to 5 minutes) - CCSS 2.MD.C.7
Links verified on 6/9/2015
- Exercises and Games
- A Matter of Time - Interactive quizzes on the half hour, 15 minute intervals and five minute intervals. Also has story problems.
- Bang On Time - Read the time in words then stop the clock when the hands reach the right time.
- Clock Shoot - Select level 2 or 3 and aim for the digital clock that matches the analog clock.
- Clock Works: Telling the Time - Help fix the clock by indicating the time on the clocks.
- ClockMaker - See how long it takes you to identify ten different times.
- Clockworks - [5 minute increments at the medium level] Select hour and then minute by clicking on the clock.
- Clockwise - Interactive clock from Shodor. Time is shown on a clock face students enter correct time.
- ClockWise and Matching Time - Select either of these two activities to practice telling time.
- Elapsed Time - Pac-Man style game. Calculate the elapsed time (question appears below the maze) and catch the ghost with the correct time.
- Giraffe Dash - Up to twelve-players can play this racing game. Quickly click on the correct answer to power your giraffe.
- Giraffe Pull - Up to eight-players can play this tug-of-war game. Quickly select the words that indicate the time on the clock to make your giraffe tug.
- Hickory Dickory Clock - Select the clock that shows the correct time.
- Interactive Elapsed Time - (3rd grade) Click on "Guess" to play or "See" to get a tutorial. Choose a difficulty level, the speed of the animated clocks, and whether you want to see digital or analog clocks. Determine the amount of time elapsed on the clocks.
- Learning Time Clock - Move the hands on the clock to the show the time in each question.
- Match Clock - Match the time on the digital clock by click on the arrow buttons.
- Match the Numerical Time - Click on Play, listen to the time spoken then select the numerical time that matches.
- Match the Times - Concentration style matching game. Match the different ways to read the same times [analog to digital].
- Matching Times - Choose the letter of the phrase on the right that matches the number on the left.
- On Time - Set the digital clock to the correct time to answer each question.
- Right Time - Interactive web lesson with practice exercises on exploring the meaning of AM and PM while they tell time to the hour and half hour.
- Smiley Clock - Click on the Play button. Create a face for Smiley Clock by telling the correct time. Select the answer with the correct time to see a smiley clock appear.
- Telling the Time - Look at the time on the round clock and choose the answer that tells the same time.
- Telling Time - Drag the five digital times to the correct analog clock, then press Stop the Clock to record your time. (30 minute increments) (15 minute increments) (5 minute increments)
- Time Activities - Numerous exercises on clock reading and telling the time with analog and digital clocks.
- Time To Go - Interactive web lesson with practice on telling time to the half hour.
- Time Teller - Move the clock hands by dragging them to the numbers that show the correct time.
- Time Zone - Time-telling game on how to read an analog clock and tell time. Includes concepts of seconds, minutes, hours, A.M. and P.M.
- What Time Is It? - For beginners just learning. Click on the digital clock that shows the same time as the analog clock.
- What Time Will It Be? - Move the hands on the second clock to show what time the question asks.
- What's the Time? - Three activities to choose from to practice telling the time, understanding AM or PM, and using a 24-hour clock.
- Willy the Watchdog - Interactive game for two players. Set the clock according to the roll of the die.
- Practice Tests and Quizzes
- Converting Analog and Digital Clocks - Select the digital clock that shows the time on the analog clock. Ten randomized, self-checking questions.
- Half-Hour Quiz - Interactive quiz on half-hours. Ten questions and self-checking. (Interval Time Quiz).
- How Much Time? - (30 minute intervals) Determine how much time has passed between the two times shown. (15 minute intervals) (5 minute intervals)
- Matching Time - Match the written time with the correct numeric time.
- Telling Time in Different Ways - Match the time on the right with the time on the left. Ten questions and self-checking.
- Telling Time Quiz - Click to match the times on this Quia quiz.
- Telling Time without Numbers - Find the card that indicates the correct time (clocks have no numbers). Ten randomized, self-checking questions.
- Telling Time with Word Problems - Quia quiz designed for first/second grade practice with time problems using real life routines and hours of the day.
- Time and Logic Quiz - Five word problems with fill-in-the blank answers. Self-checking.
- Time Quizzes - Click on "Quizzes" at the top and choose from 14 quizzes. Lessons and printable worksheets are also available. Audio is required.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.