Story Elements - CCSS RL.6.1, RL.6.2, RL.6.3, RL.6.4, RL.6.5, RL.6.6, RI.6.2, RI.6.3, RI.6.6
Links verified on 6/26/2014
- Characters - Select a character and create your own story. When you have finished typing print the page to save your story.
- Circle Plot diagram - Identify and interpret main incidents using this interactive graphic organizer.
- Elements of a story - Dissect Cinderella by discussing the story elements.
- Evaluation Station - Evaluate a story that you have written.
- Name That Literary Element - Online Interactive Game - from Glencoe.
- The Realm of Fairy Tales - [not interactive] Students will analyze fairy tales by identifying recurring themes. Then they will Outline a story map for their own fairy tale, including standard story elements and fairy tale themes. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Settings - Select a setting and create your own story. After you select a setting, suggested vocabulary can be found at the bottom of the page where you type.
- Story Element Quiz - Play these concentration, matching and flashcard games to review the definitions.
- Story Elements Quiz - Quizlet quiz for advanced students.
- Story Elements Language Arts Quiz - 20 online questions.
- Story Elements Quiz - Quizlet quiz for 6th grade.
- Test Tutor - Read stories and answer questions about story elements.
- Understanding Setting, Plot and Theme - Read each description and choose the correct setting.
- Understanding Setting, Plot and Theme - Read a short story. Then read each sentence and decide if it is part of the setting, plot or theme.