3rd Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Spelling - CCSS L.3.2.e, L.3.2.f
Links verified on 10/18/2015
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Contractions - Type the contraction beside the two words.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Fly By Contraction Practice - Find the correct airplane to match with the contraction.
- Look, Cover and Spell - Phonetic family of words to practice. Can change the level from easy to hard.
- Look, Cover and Spell from Ambleweb - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Look, Say, Cover, Type and Check - [scroll down to find the activity] Type a list of ten spelling words, watch a flash card show, and remember the word and type it.
- Power Proofreading - Choose 3rd grade and then select Rules for Guests or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Sand castle Quiz - Build a Sand castle and get to know the common spelling patterns for the following vowels; ow/ou, oy/oi, ar/a/al, oo/u, air/are/ear, or/ore/oar/war, aw/au/augh/al, ir/ur/er, ear/eer/ere, or all phonemes.
- Scramble-Saurus - If the Scramble-Saurus could spell better, he may not be extinct. See if you can help him out by unscrambling the words. He'll help you out by giving some clues. Many topics and levels to choose from.
- See 'N Spell - Students click and drag letters into the box to spell the words that correspond to the pictures. A very good activity with many skills such as plurals, long vowels, short vowels, blends and digraphs.
- Snowman Builder - Build a family of snowmen as you review four different skills. Select the word below that completes the compound word.
- Spellaroo - Click on the misspelled word in the sentences.
- Spell Check - TCAP format - Select the word that is spelled incorrectly.
- Spell That City! - Choose the correct spelling of US cities.
- Spelling Bees - Build your beehive by spelling the words correctly. Can play by yourself or multi-player games.
- Spelling Wizard - Use this scholastic site to enter a list of words and then make a spelling scramble or a word search.
- Spin and Spell - Click on the word you wish to spell then click on the letters on the spinning wheel. Click submit to check spellings.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.