Spelling - CCSS L.4.2.d
Links verified on 3/6/2013
- Choose the Correct Spelling - Quia Quiz. Select the correct spelling of commonly misspelled words.
- 4th Grade Spelling City - a list of 4th grade spelling practice created by teachers.
- Contraction Practice - Interactive contraction practice [click on a red dot].
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Look, Cover, Write and Check - Phonetic family of words to practice. Levels can be changed from easy to hard.
- Look, Cover, Write and Check - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Look, Say, Cover, Type and Check - Type a list of ten spelling words, watch a flash card show, and remember the word and type it.
- Online Spelling Quizzes - Numerous quizzes in TCAP format. Choose from quizzes with sound or no sound.
- Online Stories - Find the correct spelling of the word in the blanks.
- Scramble-Saurus Game - Unscramble the words using the clues that are given.
- See 'N Spell - Students click and drag letters into the box to spell the words that correspond to the pictures. A very good activity with many skills such as plurals, long vowels, short vowels, blends and digraphs.
- Spell Words - Click on the magnetic board drag letters to create words or sentences.
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and correct it. Additional words and spelling activities can be found here.
- Spellaroo - Click on the misspelled word in the sentences.
- Spell Check - TCAP format - Select word that is spelled incorrectly.
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then correct it.
- Spelling Wizard - Enter a list of words and then make a spelling scramble or a word search.
- Spin and Spell - Click on the word you wish to spell, then click on the letters on the spinning wheel. Click submit to check spellings.