Sounding Out Words - CCSS RF.K.2, RF.K.2.b, RF.K.2.c, RF.K.2.d, RF.K.2.e
Links verified on 10/25/2015
- Exercises and Games with Audio
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - [Spelling] Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - [Spelling] Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- CVC Words - Student selects the word that matches the picture.
- Fearless Frieda - [Spelling] Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - [Spelling] Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- Fuzzy Lion Ears - Find the missing letter and click on it. Choose from three different letters to make the word. Click on the blue arrow to get started.
- Make a Word - From Clifford's Interactive Storybooks. Find the vowel that fits in the CVC word to make a new word.
- Orson's Waller - Pick the word from the sounds Orville says.
- Pounce! - Pounce on the word that matches the sound.
- Sassy Seals - From PawPark. Listen to word being said and find the fish that sound like that word.
- Sound Match - Find the words that begin with the same sound as the picture.
- WordBlender - Help Wordblender by choosing the start and end sounds for each word. Press 'GO' to find out if you're right! At the end of the game you can print all your words and keep them.
- Exercises and Games without Audio
- CVC Machine - Sound out the words and decide if it is a real word.
- Put it on the Shelf - Sound out CVC words and replace the question mark with the word that matches.
- Recognizing Beginning Blends - A match game to find blend letters that match picture beginning sounds.
- See 'N Spell - Short Vowels - [Spelling] Spell out the CVC word that names the picture. Self-check the answers.
- Spelling Words - [Spelling] Click the letters in a word and then put the letters in order, like refrigerator magnets!
- Sight Word Practice Quizzes - Many quizzes and levels.
- Type and arrange the letters - Make up your own words on the Easter Egg.
- Unscramble the Words - Position the cursor in the box, then use the keyboard to enter the letters to unscramble the word for each picture.