Sight Words - L.1.6, RF.1.3.g, RF.1.4
Links verified on 11/10/13
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Letter Bugs - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt: Space Trash - Use the mouse to click on letters that make up the word you hear.
- Body Parts - Move the pictures by using the arrow on the right to match the word.
- Coconut Words - Three Levels. Click on correct word to complete the sentence.
- Crossword puzzles using Dolch Sight Words - Select a lesson and fill in the missing word.
- Dolch List Practice - Online activities to practice sight words [click on a red dot].
- Dolch Sight Words - Games and activities.
- Dolch Sight Words - Select any of the four activities: Test Me, Teach Me, Play A Game, Handwriting Worksheets.
- Fearless Frieda - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Three letter words on level one, four letter words on level 2.
- Fearless Frieda the Big Kahuna - Use the keyboard to spell the words Frieda says. Frieda starts with four letter words in this game.
- High Frequency Words - Six activities using sight words. Drag correct word in blank to complete the sentences.
- I Can Read Game - Listen to the sentence then click on the spoken word.
- Look, Cover & Spell - This spelling site has 30 pre-built lists of words, but you can create your own list. Double-click any word on the list and type a word appropriate for your grade level. Your student gets to see the word, then it is covered and they must type the correct spelling.
- Missing Letters - Find the matching sight word and type the missing letters.
- Sight Word Activities and Games - From Readquarium.
- Sight Words - Read sight words and then type them in the box.
- Sight Word Practice Quizzes - Many quizzes and levels. .
- Sight Words with Samson - Listen to the word as he pronounces it, spells it and uses it in a sentence.
- Spell Check - TCAP format: Select word that is spelled incorrectly.
- Spell words - Drag letters to create word.
- Spelling - Put the letters in order to create the word that is said aloud.
- SpellBound - See the word spelled correctly, then the letters are mixed up and you must put them in order again.
- Star Words - This activity provides practice at sight recognition and spelling of the 200 or so high frequency words.
- Star Writer - Words are written with stars. Click on the domes to hear the word read and click on the dome that says the word. (Caution, UK site with British accents may confuse some students.)
- Three plays - Starfall site - Read and act out plays.
- Word Machine - A picture is displayed along with three words, click on the word that matches the picture.
- Word Search - Online game that features many of the first 100 sight words young readers are required to master