Sentence Structure - CCSS L.7.1.B
Links verified on 7/5/2014
- Big Dog's Subject-Verb Agreement - Read each sentence, enter your response in the space provided, and then press "Submit" to check your answer.
- Combining Sentences - Online quiz; Quiz Two; Quiz Three
- Complex and Compound Sentences - (Grade 5) Select the best answer that describes the underlined words.
- ESL Subject Verb Agreement Quiz 1 - [30 questions] In the quiz, choose the correct verb so that subject and verb agree.
- ESL Subject Verb Agreement Quiz 2 - [10 questions] Do this quiz after mastering the quiz questions above
- Identifying Basic Sentence Parts - When you move your mouse-cursor over each part of the sentences on the page, that part will be identified or defined in the text-area immediately below that sentence. Try to identify the sentence part before asking the computer to identify it for you. [Unavailable on 11/20/11]
- Quiz on Sentence Body Parts: Part 1 - Seven multiple-choice questions, sound remarks available for explanation of incorrect choices.
- Quiz on Sentence Body Parts: Part 2 - Eight multiple-choice questions, sound remarks available for explanation of incorrect choices.
- Quiz on Sentence Body Parts: Part 3 - Ten multiple-choice questions, pop-up boxes show the answer.
- Quiz on Sentence Body Parts: Part 4 - Ten multiple-choice questions, pop-up boxes show the answer.
- Quiz on Sentence Types - After each sentence, select the option that best describes that sentence.
- Quiz on Subject Verb Agreement - Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The word you choose should fit the blank in the sentence. Don't use the HINT buttons unless you really need them.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement #2 - After each sentence select the verb form that will best fit in the blank. The explanation will describe the process of arriving at the correct choice for that sentence.
- Quiz on Subject-Verb Agreement #3 - Select the appropriate verbs from the drop-down menus to complete each sentence correctly. There are thirty-three "opportunities for error" in these paragraphs.
- Revising Sentence Fragments - (Grade 6) Rewrite each sentence fragment, adding a subject or a predicate or both to form a complete sentence.
- Sentence Sort - (Grade 5) Choose the correct sentence structure to move along the game board.
- Sentence Structure Review - (Grade 6) This page has six different exercises in reviewing: Incomplete sentences, Run-on sentences; Correctly written sentences that should be combined; Correctly written sentences that do not need to be rewritten.
- Subject-Verb Agreement - Click the answer button to see the answer.
- Subject-Verb Agreement Quiz - Select the correct verb form to agree with the subject.