Links verified on 9/24/2012
An adult might need to explain some instructions to 1st Grade students for the activities below
- Animal Muddle - Listen to Foxy Dancer's animal rhyme at The Little Animals Activity Centre.
- Concentration-Style Matching Game - From Quia. 8 pairs of rhyming words to match.
- Cream Cake Mystery - Find the correct rhyming word that fits each line of the rhyme.
- Gus and Inky's Underwater Adventure Chapter 2 - Help Gus in the story with rhyming words.
- Memory Cards - [concentration style game] Here's a memory card game with a twist - match pairs of rhyming words.
- Poem Pack - Ten colorful poems with animation, audio and activities - featuring Daisy the snail, the toad and the goat, and friends. Read it, hear it, search for sounds, and find words concentrating on vowel blends.
- Reggie Loves to Rhyme - Many choices to select from - Click on the word that rhymes with the picture - Audio help is given.
- Rhymes - From Little Animals Activity Centre - Digby Mole's Word games (choose level 1, 2, or 3)
- Rhyming Practice - Many games to select from - Choose one match game from the list. There are phonetic games along with rhyme.
- River Rhyming - Choose the rhyming word to help Max cross the river.
- Rhyme Time - Match the word with the image it rhymes.
- Rhyming Rap - Choose the next line of the rap that rhymes with the word given.
- Wizards and Pigs: Episode I Poetry Pickle - Students identify rhyme, rhythm, and alliteration.