6th Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Reading Comprehension - CCSS RL.6.2, RL.6.3, RL.6.4, RL.6.5, RL.6.6, RL.6.10, RI.6.2, RI.6.3, RI.6.3, RI.6.4, RI.6.5, RI.6.6, RI.6.10
Links verified on 3/14/2013
- Be a Critical Reader - By reading between the lines you can discover meaning not stated by the author.
- Bees - Read a passage and answer five questions.
- Dr. Stripp: Reading Ring - Put the comic strips in sequence, then answer questions about the comic strip.
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the story and choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the story and choose the correct answer.
- The Happy Monkey - Read a passage and answer five questions.
- How are They Selling It? - Students read advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed.
- Inference Battleship - Sink your opponent's ships by answering questions correctly. Interactive Quia game.
- Inference Riddle Game - Guess using riddles! Infer what is being described by the clues you read
- Looking for the Fine Print - Students read advertisements to practice reading critically.
- Practice Making Inferences - Read the story and answer three questions.
- Reading Comprehension Stories - 6 stories with quizzes. Also features quizzes on sequencing summarization of each story.
- Stated Information - Online story about elephants and a quiz.
- Stated Information - Online story about dolphins and a quiz.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.