Reading Comprehension - CCSS RL.6.2, RL.6.3, RL.6.4, RL.6.5, RL.6.6, RL.6.10, RI.6.2, RI.6.3, RI.6.3, RI.6.4, RI.6.5, RI.6.6, RI.6.10
Links verified on 10/24/2015
- Be a Critical Reader - By reading between the lines you can discover meaning not stated by the author.
- Dr. Stripp: Reading Ring - Put the comic strips in sequence, then answer questions about the comic strip.
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the story and choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Drawing Conclusions - Read the story and choose the correct answer.
- How are They Selling It? - Students read advertisements and evaluate the type of persuasive writing being employed.
- Inference Battleship - Sink your opponent's ships by answering questions correctly. Interactive Quia game.
- Inference Riddle Game - Guess using riddles! Infer what is being described by the clues you read
- Looking for the Fine Print - Students read advertisements to practice reading critically.
- Practice Making Inferences - Read the story and answer three questions.
- Practice Reading Section - Read the story and answer the questions.
- Reading Comprehension Stories - 6 stories with quizzes. Also features quizzes on sequencing summarization of each story.
- Reading Comprehension passages - by MrNussbaum.com; they are interactive, informational reading texts and question sets designed to mirror state-mandated assessments
- Stated Information - Online story about elephants and a quiz.
- Stated Information - Online story about dolphins and a quiz.
- Thirty 6th-8th Grade Passages - Have to register and log in, but it is free.