4th Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Reading Comprehension - CCSS RL.4.4, RL.4.10, RI.4.4, RI.4.10
Links verified on 9/13/2013
- Bon Appetit - A fun word game that helps boost reading comprehension as well as grammar skills. Help to brew a witches' potion by following the riddles in the recipe.
- Context Clues - Interactive quizzes on how to use context clues to find the meanings of words.
- Dig It! - Use context clues to help make predictions.
- Elements of a Story - Assist the Movie Club with the elements of the story. Scroll down to 4th grade and click on the tutorial and follow along and answer the questions.
- Get the Idea - Tutorial and exercise on finding the main idea using the clues within the paragraph.
- Literal Understanding - Interactive quizzes with factual information on planets. Read the paragraph then answer the questions on the right.
- Passages for Reading Comprehension - Select a passage and choose the words that best fit the context of the passage. Press the 'Check My Answers!' button when you are done to see how you did!
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - Read the paragraph and answer the questions. Self Checking.
- Reading Comprehension stories - Choose from the two stories to practice reading paragraphs and answering questions.
- Reading Comprehension Test - [2003 Texas released test] grade 4 reading level
- Reading Comprehension Test - [2007 Virginia Department of Education released test] grade 4 reading level
- Reading Comprehension Test - [2008 Virginia Department of Education released test] grade 4 reading level
- Reading Exercises - 5 different stories with various exercises: read the story and answer questions, fill in and sequencing.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.