3rd Grade Interactive Language Arts Skill Builders
Online Stories - CCSS RL.3.10, RI.3.10
Links verified on 11/24/2014
- Merpy.com Stories - Animated stories to be read online.
- Barnaby Bear Stories - 2 stories. Follow along as the story is read aloud, or read it silently to yourself. When you see the mouse icon within the story, click on it to see what happens.
- Bat Stories - Practice your phonics skills on these stories.
- Clifford's Big Dig - Interactive story. Click on the bone to begin.
- Children's Audio Stories - A collection of stories. Click on a story to hear it read.
- Children's Books to Read Online - Practice your reading skills.
- Don't Eat Your Dinner - Read the story to yourself or click to have it read aloud.
- Dragon Goes to the Farm - Starfall book - click on a letter to hear it read.
- Emily Elizabeth Goes to School - Interactive story. Click on the bone to begin.
- Gus and Inky's Underwater Adventure Chapter 1 - Story about Gus and Inky; help Gus with beginning sounds.
- Happy Mother's Day, Dear Dragon - Starfall book - click on a letter to hear it read.
- Here, Clifford - Interactive story. Click on the bone to begin.
- A House in a Tree - Starfall book - click on a letter to hear it read.
- I Will Not Take a Bath - Listen to the story as it is read aloud - determine problem and solution.
- Not Too Little to Help - Starfall book - click on a letter to hear it read.
- One Hundred and Twenty Loose Teeth - Click the next button to begin reading the story.
- The Perfect Pet - Which pet should she select? Listen to the story that is read aloud.
- Rattic in the Attic - Interactive story; click on next to begin the story.
- Speakaboos - Stories sorted by grade level and reading level. Numerous free audio books for children, and many include lesson plans, worksheets, and games.
- Stories to read - Starfall - Beginning books per vowel sound for reading out-loud practice. Easy to read stories that focus on a particular vowel sound along with quizzes on the same vowel. Long and short vowels included. 15 separate stories and quizzes.
- Storynory - Numerous audio stories free. Includes fairytales, classics, original stories, educational stories, etc.
- Things That Can Go - Starfall book - click on a letter to hear it read.
- Three Stories from the Little Animals Activity Centre - The stories are read to students and choices must be made during the story. Give your students the opportunity to retell these stories. || The Missing Pencil - || The Butterfly Trail - || The Wishing Tree -
- The Yellow Gorilla - Why did the gorilla turn yellow? How did he solve his problem?
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.