4th Grade Interactive Math Skill Builders
Measurement: Area, Perimeter - CCSS 4.MD.A.2, 4.MD.A.3
Links verified on 7/16/2014
- Area Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid after setting the perimeter and asked to calculate areas of the shapes.
- Area and Perimeter - Calculate the area or perimeter of the rectangle.
- Baseball Geometry - Select the baseball game to play: find the area of triangles, find the perimeter and area of rectangles,or find the circumference and area of circles
- Capacity - Soda Jerk - Fill the bottles with the correct capacity.
- Comparison Estimator - Similar to Estimator but compares two sets of objects.
- Equivalent Measure - Match the capacity measurements: feet, yards, quarts, etc. to reveal the picture.
- Estimator - Practice estimation skills by determining the number of objects, length, or area. (parameters: error tolerance)
- Measure it - Practice using a ruler. (inches and centimeters)
- Measure Teddy - Determine how many units tall Teddy is for each of the 10 questions.
- Measurement Quiz - Select the correct answer choice to each question.
- More or Less Estimator - Similar to Estimator activity but states a quantity and asks the user to estimate whether the set of objects is more or less than the number given.
- Perimeter - Review the lesson on perimeter and then practice.
- Perimeter Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid after setting the area and asked to calculate perimeters of the shapes.
- Shape Explorer - Students are shown shapes on a grid and asked to calculate areas and perimeters of the shapes.
- Zoo Designer -
Design five enclosures for the animals at a local zoo. You have to use your knowledge of how to calculate area and perimeter to design the correct enclosures and to earn your Zoo Designer Points.
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.