Map Skills - CCSS 7.G.A.1, Mathematical Practices
Links verified on 7/2/2014
- Contours Quiz - Use data from a map to determine the elevation of contours.
- Distance and Direction on Maps - Each of the maps on this activity expresses a scale in a different form: bar scale, statement of equivalency and representative fraction. If needed, you can click to review the concept of scale, how to convert units, convert fractions to decimals and/or use a protractor.
- Find your Longitude - Play an interactive game on the NOVA site.
- Gradient Quiz - Which line on the graph has a gradient that is most similar to the line selected on the map?
- Map Reading Activities - A variety of printouts and worksheets from Enchanted Learning to help practice reading maps using compasses, latitude, longitude and more.
- Map Skills Quiz - Take this quiz to test what you know about reading and using all kinds of maps.
- Latitude and Longitude Quiz - Find out the latitude and longitude of selected points on a globe.
- Topics and Quizzes offered by David J. Leveson at CUNY in Brooklyn, NY. Menu contains links to many map activities and quizzes.
- Treasure Hunt Treasure Trail - Scroll down to the bottom for a variety of interactive quizzes on longitude, latitude, coordinates, grids, etc.
- Understanding map scales in Degrees and Minutes and Degrees, Minutes and Seconds.
- Use a Texas Road Map - Use a Texas road map and a mileage scale to practice reading information from maps.
- Where on Earth? - Find the latitude and longitude of places on earth.