Main Idea and Theme - CCSS RL.3.2, RL.3.10, RI.3.2, RI.3.10
Links verified on 11/24/2014
- Comprehension Passages - Select one of the passages and choose the words that best fit the context of the passage. Press "Check My Answers!" button when you are done to see how you did!
- Get The Idea - Read the text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts.
- Grilled Cheese Please - Read the story and then click on the activities for quizzes over various pages of the story. Additional games also included for the story, such as vocabulary, sentence structure, grammar, and more.
- Identify Main Idea - Online quiz. Read each paragraph and select the main idea.
- If You Made A Million - Read the passages and answer the questions about the main idea of the paragraphs.
- If You Made A Million (Test Tutor) - Read the sample passages, look for the main ideas and details and answer the questions.
- Main Idea - Read the paragraph and select the main idea.
- Main Idea - Quia Lesson. Read the paragraph and decide what it is mostly about.
- Reading Comprehension Exercises - 7 passages with questions to answers about the story.
- Reading Comprehension Stories - Interactive quizzes online for 2 stories.
- Reading Comprehension Strategies - Review a variety of skills and then practice the skills using the interactive activities. Skills covered are story elements, setting, chronological order, character traits, and theme.
- Reading Comprehension Strategies (2) - Review a variety of skills and then practice the skills using the interactive activities. Skills covered are main idea, cause and effect, drawing conclusions, making inferences, summarizing, and fact or opinion.
- Reading Comprehension Test 1 - Read the passages and answer questions. Self checking and gives you a score.
- Reading Comprehension Test 2 - Read the passages and answer questions. Self checking and gives you a score.
- Reading Exercises - Comprehension, fill in and sequencing.
- The Lost Lunchbox - Read the story and click on "Activities for this Book" for questions regarding the story and games on grammar, sentence structure, and more about the story.
- VDOE Released Items: Grade 3 Reading Review - 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008.
- What's The Big Idea? - Solve the riddle by answering questions about the main idea.
- Yippee-Yay! - A story about cowboys and cowgirls. Try to find the main idea and details in the story and answer the questions.
- Yippee-Yay! Test Tutor - Read the stories, look for the main idea and details and then answer the question.