Links verified on 4/4/2013
- Main Idea Quiz - Quia quiz - (6th Grade Level) Read the story and find the main idea of the paragraph. 40 questions total, practice several questions at a time.
- Finding the Main Idea - Tutorial and practice questions on ways to locate the main idea in a paragraph.
- Identify the Main Idea - Read the paragraphs and select the main idea for each of the 4 questions.
- Identify the Main Idea - Read the paragraphs and select the main idea for each of the 6 questions.
- Main Idea and Supporting Detail - Quia quiz - Choose the main idea of the paragraphs. Remember to make sure the main idea covers the entire paragraph, not just one sentence.
- Reading Detective - Quia quiz - Read each paragraph carefully and decide what it is mostly about.
- Parts of a Newspaper - three activities
- Strategies for Better Reading - When you summarize, eliminate unnecessary details. Focus on the main idea of the whole passage.
- Understanding What You Read - Help Carson read and understand his book in this interactive tutorial and quiz.
- What's the Big Idea - Solve a riddle by answering questions about the main idea.